Things to do in roatan
Roatan is a vibrant island with amenities and activities for all island life enthusiasts. The island has a wide variety of water activities but is famous for the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef offering incredible scuba diving, snorkeling and fishing. With the reef being a short swim to the beach, the North shore offers calm seas great for a swim, snorkel, easy scuba diving, stand-up paddling or kayaking, and boating. Roatan is part of The Bay Islands which makes easy access to Utila and Guanaja for day trips exploring the Caribbean water for whale sharks, dolphins, fishing and enjoying the boat ride to see the vast variety of topography of Roatan.
Island Activities in Roatan
a wide variety of lifestyles and options to enjoy island life
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving: Visit the Roatan Marine Park for more information on conservation, active dive sites and naming a dive site!
- Fishing and Fly Fishing: Trolling off the reef can be a great day on the water with refreshing drinks and sunny skies! There is even a fishing tournament annually in September with prizes for the largest and most Blue Marlin and other sport fish found in our waters. If Fly Fishing is more your speed, then there are great flats in between West End and West Bay, Sandy Bay and there is a great guide, Greg Baldwin to help you reel them in.
- Boating and Jet Skis: Day trips to Cayos Cochinos filled with snorkeling and cultural intrigue can be a great way to spend a day in the sun. Boating in the calm seas of Roatan can be a fun way to explore the island from West Bay to Camp Bay.
- Golfing: 2 Golf Courses on the island. One in Pristine Bay is an 18 hole Pete Dye course that is a challenging course filled with incredible ocean views and breeze. The West Bay 9 hole, Par 3 course is a great afternoon or morning round of challenging holes.
- Zip Lining: So many options to keep all adrenaline junkies happy.
- Windsurfing and Kite Boarding: Great kite boarding can be done on the East End at Camp Bay Lodge. This is a wonderful and challenging water activity.
- Hiking and Long Walks: Long beach walks from West Bay to West End is a great morning or sunset stroll. There are also plenty of options to enjoy a hike uphill and take in the views and tropical vegetation.
- Jungle Parks: Tropical Gardens & Animals: Ready to play with dolphins, monkeys, sloths and parrots? We have it all for you to enjoy on Roatan.
- Roatan Eateries and Brewery: Roatan offers food and drinks for everyone’s palate. Roatan Brewery offers a variety of craft beer and rotating local non alcoholic refreshing mocktails.