Covid-19 in Roatan
Covid-19 reached the island in May 2020 and while there was a surge of cases in the Fall of 2020, the islanders, expats and tourists have followed the mandates to help reduce the spread of the virus on the island. The island does currently have a mandate of masks in public spaces including restaurants, grocery stores, banks, and in enclosed retail spaces. However, while at the beach, diving, consuming at outdoor bars and restaurants is mask free optional. The island is maintaining a Covid safe environment but everyone needs to choose their level of safety measures in restaurants, bars, nightclubs and tours. Contact us for the latest Covid mandates.
Please see the COVID-19 Honduras Entry and Testing Requirements and the island testing locations for your exit testing.
Understanding Coronavirus in Roatan
Entry and testing requirements, and staying safe on your trip
One of the prerequisites for entering the country is to complete the online Immigration Pre-check Form found here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
- The form cannot be submitted until you are within 48 hours of your entry date. Before the 48-hour timeframe, you can advance the process by registering on the site and completing the questions; however, you must wait until you’re within the 48-hour timeframe to submit. (This is to avoid excess records in the immigration system).
- It is best to complete the form on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.
- You will receive a response via email, and you will need to print it out and carry it with you.
- To make things speedier during check-in at the immigration desk, highlight your name, pre-check #, and date of travel.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you complete the online immigration form.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements
Travelers must provide negative COVID-19 test results prior to travel. Travelers must hand-carry the negative test results for a PCR or rapid test taken less than 72 hours before entry into Honduras. Passengers must show the test results at check-in. Please make multiple copies just in case. Please note the printout needs your name, date of test, and type of test taken.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real-time.
- Rapid test with a minimum Specificity of 85%, Sensitivity of 98%
Roatan Airport Security Protocols
All travelers are required to:
- Wear a face coverings
- Maintain social distancing
- Use hand sanitizing gel as instructed
Standard Entry Requirements
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months’ validity beyond return travel dates.
- Residents of South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
- TESTING INFORMATION can be found on our Facebook page as it changes from time to time.