Covid-19 reached the island in May 2020 and while there was a surge of cases in the Fall of 2020, the islanders, expats and tourists have followed the mandates to help reduce the spread of the virus on the island.
The island does NOT currently have a mandate of masks in public spaces including restaurants, grocery stores, banks, and in enclosed retail spaces. However, while at the beach, diving, consuming at outdoor bars and restaurants is mask free optional. The island is maintaining a Covid safe environment but everyone needs to choose their level of safety measures in restaurants, bars, nightclubs and tours. Contact us for the latest Covid mandates.
Please see the COVID-19 Honduras Entry and Testing Requirements and the island testing locations in case of infection while visiting Roatan.
Entry Requirements to Honduras
Entry and testing requirements, and staying safe on your trip
Be sure you’re prepared — you won’t be allowed to board the plane if you don’t complete the requirements!
- The Immigration precheck can be completed up to 10 days before your arrival.
- Using a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device is best for the site.
- Download the app if using a mobile device. Click to download the app on Apple App Store or Android Google Play.
1.) Honduras Immigration Online Precheck
When traveling to Roatan, you will need to complete two online forms.
a) Immigration Precheck (Prechequeo)
b) Health Form (Ficha de Vigilancia Epidemiológica de la Salud)
a) Immigration Precheck:
The online Immigration Precheck can be found here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
- New users will need to register for an account on the site.
- Wait for a confirmation email, and log in with your username and password.
- Returning users can proceed to log in.
- Family members or persons traveling together may use the same login to complete individual prechecks.
Once you have an active account, log in to complete the process.
To complete the Immigration Precheck, you will need:
- Your passport (number and expiry date)
- Flight details (airline, flight #, and date)
- Address of where you will be staying.
- Switch to English in the upper right of the screen. See Here
- Create Precheck See Here
- Enter Trip Information Step 1 See Example Step 2 See Example
- Enter Personal Information See Example
- Click Save on the final Review and Confirm page. See Example
- Once you have clicked “Save,” the system will send a confirmation email with an attached PDF and QR Code. (You will also be able to find the PDF on the home page of your account.)
- Save the PDF to your phone or print it to have it available when asked for it.
- Family members may use the same login account to create additional “prechecks” as needed. Return to the home page, click on “Create Precheck,” and repeat the steps for each person.
(Not all fields are translated into English. Please refer to the User Guide for translation.)
- For the United States, go to E and select “Estados Unidos de Norte America.”
- Type of transport: AEREO
- Immigration office: JUAN MANUEL GALVEZ
- Destination address: “Anthonys Key Resort” without the apostrophe. (Do not use commas or other special characters.)
- Destination state: ISLAS DE LA BAHIA
- Destination city: ROATAN
b) Health Form:
The link to the Health Form will pop up once the precheck form is completed. The link if needed is https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/3LC6FbGX
- Before you submit the Health Form, you need to take a photo of the generated Form ID. This one step MUST be done in the Spanish format as it does not display correctly in English.
- Detailed instructions are included in the User Guide.
- Port of Arrival: Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Manuel Galvés. (Roatan’s Airport)
NOTE: You will not receive any confirmation message or email upon submission.
Refer to this User Guide for further assistance.
2.) COVID-19 Vaccine Card for Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and traveling at least 14 days after your final shot, you DO NOT need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need:
- The ORIGINAL Vaccination Card that was given to you at the vaccination site.
- You will need to show the physical card to the immigration officer in Roatan upon arrival.
- Immigration will NOT accept photocopies, medical records, or digital copies.
- If you’ve lost your card, you should be able to get a replacement card at the location where you received the vaccine.
You are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: 14 days or more after you have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days or more after you have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J/Janssen).
3.) COVID-19 Test for Non-Vaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers
Testing is required for anyone aged 1 year or older if NOT vaccinated or NOT fully vaccinated.
You will need:
- A negative COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours before you enter Honduras.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
- Rapid Antigen Test for detection of COVID-19
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (rt-PCR) in real-time.
4.) Airport Security Protocols
All travelers, vaccinated or not, are required to comply with airport biosecurity protocols:
- Wear face coverings correctly.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Use hand sanitizing gel as instructed.
Roatan Airport Security Protocols
All travelers are required to:
- Wear a face coverings
- Maintain social distancing
- Use hand sanitizing gel as instructed
Standard Honduras Entry Requirements
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months’ validity beyond return travel dates.
- Residents of South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
- TESTING INFORMATION can be found on our Facebook page as it changes from time to time.